Experienced Duval County, Florida advocates manage property-related legal matters
Complex regulations govern the construction industry in Florida. Contractors and others can best protect their interests by retaining qualified legal counsel. At the law firm of Franson, Iseley & Associates, P.A., our attorneys have over 50 years of combined experience providing comprehensive representation aimed at efficiently producing positive results. Each of our partners is board-certified in construction law by the Florida Bar, so you can trust us to deliver high-quality legal support. We represent parties involved in all aspects of construction, including property owners, condominium associations, design professionals, home builders, contractors, subcontractors, material suppliers, sureties and insurers.
Established law firm handles wide range of construction law matters
Clients throughout Florida can rely on our team to handle:
- Contract drafting and negotiations — Solid construction contracts are essential for projects to get on and stay on track. We carefully assess our clients’ objectives before conducting negotiations and drafting contracts that clearly specify the parties’ rights and obligations.
- Construction lien and bond matters — Our lawyers work with entities that provide services or materials yet have not contracted directly with the owner. We provide comprehensive assistance with mechanic's liens and bond claims for public and private projects.
- Bidding issues — The process of soliciting and selecting from a pool of bids is designed to eliminate favoritism in public construction projects. Some projects are nonetheless marred by procedural irregularities. Our law firm lodges bid protests when needed to protect our clients’ rights.
- Compliance with law and regulations — We use our extensive knowledge of state and local law and land use rules to avert regulatory problems or legal challenges before they occur.
On projects ranging from small residential construction to large-scale development, we can provide trustworthy guidance suited to your goals and resources.
Strategic litigators represent clients involved with construction litigation
Our firm represents professionals and property owners involved with all aspects of construction litigation, including:
- Errors and omissions< ‐ If a builder, developer, contractor or design professional does not perform a contracted task or an error occurs, we will use sound strategies to pursue appropriate remedies that advance and protect your interests.
- Construction delays — Building projects have lots of moving parts and a delay in one component, due to site conditions, labor problems or other disruptions, can throw off the entire project’s timetable. Our lawyers can pursue or defend against claims resulting from such delays.
- Payment and performance bond disputes — If you haven’t been paid for your work or if a contractor hasn’t met their contractual obligations, our law firm can file a claim against the payment or performance bond.
- Construction defects — Builders and contractors often face claims of construction defects, whether due to poor work quality, substandard materials or failure to adjust for site conditions. Our legal team can work toward a successful resolution of your claim or defense.
- Property damage claims — We have experience handling liability issues when property is alleged to have been damaged during a construction project. Our skillful representation can lead to a swift resolution.
Our lawyers meticulously evaluate and analyze each claim before engaging in the necessary legal processes to resolve the situation.
Seasoned attorneys enforce rights under construction liens
Effective enforcement of construction liens — also known as mechanics’ liens — demands a detailed knowledge of the relevant Florida statute, Chapter 713. The law gives contractors, laborers, subcontractors, sub-subcontractors and materialmen the right to a lien on real property to secure payment for improvements. Our board-certified lawyers have extensive experience representing parties on either side of lien cases, working to achieve resolutions that further our clients’ interests efficiently
Schedule a consultation at our construction law firm in Florida
The experienced attorneys at Franson, Iseley & Associates, P.A. provide legal counsel in construction matters in Jacksonville, FL and throughout Duval County. Our law firm is conveniently located on Prudential Drive near Interstate 95. We invite you to schedule a free initial consultation by calling 904-396-1800 or contacting us online.